Sunday, January 10, 2010

Denmark in Seven

Seven days from now I will be somewhere over the Atlantic on a plane that according to the DIS facebook group will be filled with other students spending their semester in the magical country that is Denmark. It seems like Ive been looking forward to this for so long, but only now, after Ive been able to check the 10-day weather forecast and gotten an email from my host family does it actually seem real. 31F and cloudy for arrival day. My family sounds amazing though, I got the first email from my host mom. Three daughters and one son, but only the son lives with them. I was also surprised to read that there is a guy from Denver who will be staying with them as well- did not know that but I think it'll be a great time and it'll be nice to have someone else to go randomly meandering through Danish streets with me (other than McCabe of course). Two of the daughters are 20 and 22 so Im very excited to know Danes my age from the getgo. Maybe if I hang out with them people wont notice Im not 6' something with blonde hair and blue eyes and Ill fit right in lol

Still have to buy an umbrella and raincoat because everything Ive read basically says not to bother coming without them, unless I plan on walking around soaked 24/7. Oh and I still have to pack everything. Fun times ahead.

Well, hopefully I wont drop the ball and this will continue post-arrival as well. Unless something incredibly fascinating happens, expect the next post to be from Denmark!

No comments:

Post a Comment